Wayne Baker is a 24-year veteran of the fire service and is currently the Fire Chief and Emergency Management Coordinator for the City of Joshua (TX). He has consistently sought out new technology in his career that can save the lives of the public as well as public safety personnel.
As a Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) enthusiast and FAA Certified Part 107 Pilot, Chief Baker works to develop tactics and policies that will help departments utilize this new technology to enhance public safety. Wayne Baker currently operates UAS under public safety COAs and is a licensed FAA part 107 UAS Pilot as well.
With experience flying UAS and managing a UAS program in support of the Joshua Fire Department and other public safety entities, Baker will discuss how to approach public safety and UAS. He will explain the best way to show the benefits that UAS will provide to law enforcement, public safety departments, and the community. He will share his experience to help you navigate the potential roadblocks when planning and managing public safety UAS operations.
Key learning objectives:
- Learn how to prepare for UAS integration into public safety operations.
- See how best to approach public safety agencies.
- Understand how to discuss benefits of civilian-piloted UAS programs to public safety agencies.
- Find out how to get citizen buy-in for public safety UAS programs.
- Learn best operations practices for public safety agencies.